Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Maternity Shoot

This past weekend I got to take my first belly photos.  I had a lovely subject and got to document the henna art of Colleen Heller.  I also started a photography class last night at the Cultural Arts Center to get a refresher on aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc since I apparently haven't retained the technical info I learned almost 17 years ago in my very first high school class.  I think my shots are missing some depth of field and I would like more bokeh in the background of my portraits. My teacher helped me realize that I had accidently set my camera to overexpose my shots.  Whoops.  I still am pleased with the results, and am grateful to further my photography experience with patient, beautiful souls.

My next portraits will hopefully be accompanied by an external flash (with a white piece of cardstock taped to the top of it, to extend the light even further) to really make eyes POP!  I may also get a reflector, not to mention the lens I'm lusting for, but maybe for Christmas.  Did I mention photography is an expensive hobby? But, I guess really any hobby is and it's worth it to feel fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment