Monday, August 23, 2010

Night Photography

Libby Hill


I went with RPM for a night shoot this past week and was glad I pushed myself out of my comfort zone.  I had *never* used a tripod before, or actually attended a photo taking meet up.  Since I work best under pressure and require deadlines to get any and everything done, I finally cracked open my Nikon manual.  I worked for two days on preparing for this shoot.  I brushed up on things like ISO and shutter speed, but also learned how to plug in my new toy, a remote control shutter release.  Youtube is also a great thing:)

We began in Jefferson Park, then headed to Libby Hill, and finished at Great Shiplock Park.  The shoot began at 8pm and we wrapped it up around 10:30pm.  There were about eight of us, and one of the most fun parts of being part of the RPM forum is seeing all the different pictures and perspectives from the same exact places posted after the meet up.

Great Shiplock Park
I am really grateful to have found this group that collectively nurtures the craft and pushes me to places I would never explore myself.  It's nice to find support, and people who enjoy teaching and learning together.  Not to mention, people that will supply you a tripod when you left your camera cradle piece for your tripod at home.  All things considered, at least it wasn't my battery.  I still have so much to learn, but it's a fun, creative outlet for me.  Thanks for taking the time to look.

Jefferson Park

1 comment:

  1. LOVE all of these!! I didn't even know there was such a thing as a group meetup for photography. That's a really great way to hone your craft. You got some beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete